Central Virginia Organic Gardener

"And 'tis my faith that every flower enjoys the air it breathes." - William Wordsworth, 1798

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Continuing to Document My Garden


Strawberry plants are lovely as ornamentals, especially in the winter, when they produce bright red leaves (see the photo on my Christmas Day entry). I have them scattered in my ornamental flower beds and they provide a welcome bit of winter color (and tasty fruit in May!). They have proven to be very easy to care for in this slightly shaded setting. In my effort to continue to document my garden, I decided to draw this strawberry plant in colored pencil. A wonderful winter hobby for the gardener!
Happy gardening!

2 comments:

Anita said...

You're a good artist. I seem to recall other plant drawings that you've done, too. What else do you draw?

Judy Thomas said...

I am an art student. I only draw plants-I figure if I can do a decent job with plants, that is enough for a life time!