Central Virginia Organic Gardener

"And 'tis my faith that every flower enjoys the air it breathes." - William Wordsworth, 1798

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday Lagniappe: Seed Pack Art


I have seen some lovely seed packet art, including that from Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.  The Washington Post recently reported on commissions given to artists by Hudson Valley Seeds to grace their seed packs, illustrated above.  To read the article, go to:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/museums/a-seed-farmer-cultivates-art/2013/06/13/b73d9382-ce2e-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html

This project combines two of my loves, art and gardening (even if the company expressly did not want the kind of art I do, botanical illustration, on the packets...I can still really appreciate the creativity shown here!).  I want to purchase these seeds just to get the art!

Happy gardening!  Get out there in the cool of the morning to beat the heat!

No comments: