Central Virginia Organic Gardener

"And 'tis my faith that every flower enjoys the air it breathes." - William Wordsworth, 1798

Thursday, January 23, 2014

OK, OK, Garden Number 5

The Florida Natural History Museum's butterfly exhibit is not a garden per se.  But it is a great place to see tropical plants and plenty of butterflies!  We went on a rainy day, so few butterflies were fluttering by, but I have been there when I had to watch out to not bump into these beauties.  The butterfly aviary is outdoors and the plants are numerous.  Just don't expect plant labels, as, again, it is not a botanical garden.  How I wish I had a guidebook to tropical plants!  The museum is in Gainesville, Fl., near the UFC campus.
For more information on the Museum, go to: http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu

1 comment:

Merryone said...

Beautiful makes me miss warm weather