Central Virginia Organic Gardener

"And 'tis my faith that every flower enjoys the air it breathes." - William Wordsworth, 1798

Monday, March 2, 2009

Cold Frame Update! March 2, 2009

OK, so I recently wrote how delighted I was to have finally figured out Virginia cool season planting and that I had seedlings coming up under my cold frame and the row tunnel. Well, nature didn't appreciate my confidence. Above is the cold frame ...
and below is the row tunnel....

...really. Can't you make out the little snow bumps that are the tunnel? I have no idea what is going on under the snow as I dare not disturb it. Tonight's low is going to be in the teens, tomorrow's high in the 20's and snow actually acts as an insulator. And if Eliott Coleman can grow greens in Maine in January, then I can do it in VA!
Happy brrrrrr gardening!

No comments: