Central Virginia Organic Gardener

"And 'tis my faith that every flower enjoys the air it breathes." - William Wordsworth, 1798

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday Lagniappe: Garden "Whispers"



Remember that game in elementary school, where the first child in a long row of children had to repeat a message whispered to him or her?  By the end of the chain, the message was usually so distorted that everyone had a good laugh! (I also remember that my brother deliberately distorted the message wildly, so it would be really crazy at the end!).  Some call the game "telephone" some "whispers" and there are many other names. Above is a photo of two plant tags for the exact same variety of sedum.  I bought them at a volunteer plant sale.  I suspect that the "whispers" phenomenon accounts for the fact that one is called "Emperor's Wave" and the other (maybe?) "Emperors Slave!"
Happy gardening!

No comments: